Monday, November 13, 2006

7 Creation

Contemporary Reading

The Navajo Beauty Way Ceremony

In beauty may I walk
All day long may I walk

Through the returning seasons may I walk
Beautifully I will possess again
Beautifully birds
Beautifully joyful birds
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk
With dew about my feet may I walk
With beauty may I walk

With beauty before me may I walk
With beauty behind me may I walk
With beauty above me may I walk
With beauty all around me may I walk

In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk
In old age, wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk
It is finished in beauty
It is finished in beauty

Daniel 12:1-4a(5-13)

The Lord spoke to Daniel, saying, "At that time Michael, the great prince, the protector of your people, shall arise. There shall be a time of anguish, such as has never occurred since nations first came into existence. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who is found written in the book. Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, keep the words secret and the book sealed until the time of the end."

Psalm 16:5-11 Page 599, 600, BCP

Conserva me, Domine

5
O LORD, YOU are my portion and my cup; *
it is you who uphold my lot.
6
My boundaries enclose a pleasant land; *
indeed, I have a goodly heritage.
7
I will bless the LORD who gives me counsel; *
my heart teaches me, night after night.
8
I have set the LORD always before me; *
because he is at my right hand I shall not fall.
9
My heart, therefore, is glad, and my spirit rejoices; *
my body also shall rest in hope.
10
For you will not abandon me to the grave, *
nor let your holy one see the Pit.
11
You will show me the path of life; *
in your presence there is fullness of joy,
and in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.

Mark 13:14-23

Jesus said, "But when you see the desolating sacrilege set up where it ought not to be (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee to the mountains; the one on the housetop must not go down or enter the house to take anything away; the one in the field must not turn back to get a coat. Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that it may not be in winter. For in those days there will be suffering, such as has not been from the beginning of the creation that God created until now, no, and never will be. And if the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would be saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he has cut short those days. And if anyone says to you at that time, 'Look! Here is the Messiah!' or 'Look! There he is!'--do not believe it. False messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. But be alert; I have already told you everything."

1 comment:

Betsy Swift said...

There's a lovely round based on that Navajo prayer -

Now I walk in beauty
Beauty lies before me
Beauty lies behind me,
Above and below me.

I find it very centering to sing it.

Sunday Propers

You can see what all the lessons are here. Just go to the date at look at the RCL readings.

About Me